Home remedies for toothache while pregnant: During pregnancy, hormonal changes are numerous, and gums women are much more sensitive; It is therefore not uncommon for molars to be frequently suffered during this period. It is forbidden to take painkillers, and many women do not know how to calm the pain.
We recommend reading the article: How to stop using chapstick and Cure, Red, Dry and Chapped Lips
- The pain of molars may be due to various factors, such as an abscess, tooth decay, a sensitive nerve, food stuck between your teeth and generating inflammation, or only tender gums.
Whatever the cause, you should visit your dentist, especially if the pain persists. However, some natural remedies can help you relieve a toothache during pregnancy without taking any risk for your baby.
- Spend dental floss between the molars where you feel pain because often the inflammation or pain is caused by a food residue stuck.
- The mouthwash relieves pain because it contains ingredients to destroy the bacteria and soothe the pain of the gums. Rinse your mouth at least three times a day with this product.
- You can also mix a little hot water with the mouthwash (but not boiling or you will risk burning yourself) and half a spoon of salt. Salt, due to its antiseptic effect, combined with toothpaste and warm water, will reduce inflammation and pain.
- The hydrogen peroxide is an excellent natural remedy for relieving toothache during pregnancy. Just wet a stick or cotton swab with oxygenated water and apply it directly on the molar that hurts you. You can repeat this process three times a day.
- The granite-drinks or ice can help numb the painful area. You can also place some ice in a plastic bag and cover it with a cloth to apply it where it hurts.
- Tea Tree Essential Oil: Put one drop of Tea Tree essential oil on your toothbrush, add your natural toothpaste and rub gently on the tender area.
- Self-massage: To calm a toothache, self-massage can be useful. There are several points to be massaged on the side of the dental pain: the top of the index finger, the jaw, the lobe of the ear.
- Home remedies for toothache while pregnant: Ginger – Ginger has an anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and antibacterial action that helps relieve a toothache. For this, take 2 tbsp. Coffee powder ginger powder that you will mix with one tsp. Water, working the mixture to obtain a consistent dough. Then place this preparation on a cotton pad and apply it on the painful tooth without touching the gum.
- Massage the Gum with Clove: Put two drops of essential oil of clove on your finger and rub the gum and tooth reached for 2 to 3 minutes. It is very effective but not to repeat more than twice a day as the clove oil could prove toxic. Better to seek the guidance of a health professional before applying the essential oil of clove on the gum.
- Seal the dental cavity with a chewing gum: If the pain is due to a fallen filling, plug the hole left by the loss of the fill with sugarless chewing gum apparently waiting to see the dentist. In this case, it is the presence of air in the cavity that causes the pain, so it is important to remedy it to stop the pain at the level of the tooth as quickly as possible.
- Apply pine gum: Apply a good amount of pine gum on the tooth that hurts. The analgesic properties of the fir will reduce your pain. Another effective cure for toothache.
- Pepper and salt: Salt mixed with pepper can be very useful when a tooth becomes very sensitive as both ingredients have antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties.
1. Mix equal amounts of pepper and salt (rather coarse gray sea salt) with a few drops of water to form a paste.
2. Use the paste directly to the affected tooth and let it act for a few minutes.
3. Renew several days in succession.
- Vanilla extract: Vanilla extract is another common home remedy for treating toothaches because it helps to numb the pain. Vanilla has a calming effect.
1. Dip a cotton swab into the vanilla extract and dab on the affected area.
2. Renew several times a day until you get relief.
- Onions: Onions have antiseptic and antimicrobial properties that control pain. They can provide relief from pain by killing the germs causing the infection.
• At the first signs of pain, chew a raw onion for a few minutes to relieve the pain.
• If you are not able to eat onion, place a piece of raw onion directly on the tooth.
These solutions are helpful in relieving toothache during pregnancy temporarily, but if there is a dental problem as caries, abscess or a damaged nerve, you will inevitably see a dentist for a solution Definitive.
Home remedies for toothache while pregnant: The advice of our grandmothers
- Brush your teeth twice a day minimum.
- Use a sprinkler or dental floss to remove any ingredients trapped between the teeth.
- Do not consume too many sweets.
- Remember that prevention is better than remedy, so it is important to visit your dentist at least once a year.
You may also be interested in: Home remedies for toothache pain with cider vinegar