11 tips to prevent gum disease
Follow these guidelines if you are sick or suffer from gum disease.
Gum disease, also known as periodontal disease, occurs when plaque ‘a sticky substance made of bacteria and other matter’ accumulates in spaces between teeth and gums.
How to prevent them?
1. Abandon sugar: It promotes bacteria. If you give in to temptation, brush your teeth after eating or rinse your mouth with water or gargle.
2. Prefer fruit and vegetables: They contain antioxidants that help restore tissues. By eating them raw, you also clean your teeth.
3. See your dentist: Have your teeth cleaned and examined every six months’ every three months if you have gum problems.
4. Strengthen your gums: By taking each day up to 1000 mg of vitamin C, you are helping your gums by supporting your immune system. You make them more resistant to bacteria. Vitamin C also strengthens the gums.
5. Strengthen your bones: Calcium stimulates the formation of bones and teeth. It is recommended that 1300 mg (the equivalent of 4 cups of milk) be taken daily for pre-adolescents and adolescents, 1000 mg for men and women aged 19 to 50, and 1200 mg for men and women Of 51 years and over.
6. Think coenzyme Q10: Present in all human cells, this substance increases tissue oxygenation. By taking each day from 60 to 100 mg in the form of a capsule, you may see less bleeding and inflammation.
7. Multiple choices: Take a multivitamin containing vitamin C and calcium and may also be a calcium tablet.
8. Consider different Dentistry: Dentists who have taken a holistic approach have the same training as others, but they use acupuncture to relieve pain and are willing to recommend supplements and techniques to reduce stress (which affects the system immune).
9. Stop Smoking: Smoking reduces the risk of periodontal disease by four, and smokers do not heal slower than others after gingival surgery.
10. Brush teeth and tongue: At least twice a day, brush your teeth and tongue with a soft bristle brush for two to three minutes. It is important to respect this duration which exceeds 45 to 60 seconds of average brushing time.
11. Do not forget the silk: Use daily floss. Insert the silk carefully between the teeth, forming a C around each tooth. Move the silk gently from bottom to top.